26 June 2014

Chicago - O'Hare

The coolest thing about Chicago is that there is a dinosaur skeleton in the B concourse. It's a surreal thing to see when you're getting off of a plane. It's next to the Field Museum Gift Shop, so it has a logical reason for being in the airport... It's just not something you see every day.

Another weird thing about O'Hare is their crazy space age toilets. They have plastic similar to Saran Wrap around the seat that you can replace by waving your hand over a sensor. Self-covering toilet seats are a first for me. Definitely the wave of the future! I've also noticed after looking back at my entries from France that I write a lot about public bathrooms (I even have a tag for it on this blog). But it's all a part of the experience, right?

After a quick walk to the C concourse (thankfully in the same terminal), and some much-needed food from Mickey D's all that's left to do is sit and wait. A 3-hour layover sounded good at first because you won't feel rushed -- but it's a lot of time to kill. I walked around the C concourse with Kelly (my seatmate from the Charleston flight).

I accidentally bought Airborne Plus Energy instead of the regular stuff and it's making me crazy jittery. The Coke with lunch probably didn't help much either! I'm going to try to sleep on the flight because we land at 6am London time. I don't think I'll make it a whole day after all this sitting and waiting around. Walking around the airport was a great idea because that's the only exercise I'll get in today. I am not looking forward to 8 hours of sitting on a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment